When deciding to get a dog, you need to prepare thoroughly. When a little friend appears in your house, try to show the dog your leadership immediately. You should train the puppy on the first day. The most important command that requires unconditional obedience is the “Attack” command. Before starting training, make sure of your abilities, think about whether the pet will really obey and follow your orders. When deciding to train your dog to attack, be sure that you can stop or resist the attack if necessary. Think thoroughly before training.
When to start training
Where to start training
What experts say
When to start training
Training “Attack” command is difficult and dangerous — do not rush. Start practicing when your dog is two months old. By then, the puppy completely gets out of its mother and starts perceiving the person as the owner.
The first commands for the puppy are “Sit”, “Down”, and “Shake”. Then the commands “Speak” and “No” go, and only then proceed with “Attack”. Remember, any dog has a predatory instinct, and an “Attack” command for dogs means a permitted attack, to which a habit is quickly built. Therefore, try to get unconditional obedience to the “No” command first. Only after being confident that you can influence the dog, begin training to attack.
Where to start training
The first step is to consult a dog handler; only a true expert can train your dog the “Attack” command correctly. To make a dog start the attack, you should make the animal angry, which is dangerous for the owner.
Remember! If you train your dog with caress, it is much more difficult to achieve unconditional obedience as you spoil the dog with affection, and it does not take you, the owner, seriously. In such cases, the dog has trained the “Attack” command only under the supervision of an expert!
To make the training undangerous, you should prepare a bite suit in advance. Find a suitable place, preferably a site with a fence and low traffic. It is a great advantage when the dog knows the place of the planned training as it makes it easier to navigate.
- Be attentive to your dog. It is not difficult to train or force the dog to follow your orders but considers the animal’s features. For instance, it is not difficult to teach the Pekingese the “Attack” command as small dogs are usually aggressive. However, this dog is not intended for protection at all, it is small and more often acquired as a domestic living toy. Remember that small dogs are more likely to use acquired skills without any requirements. If you decide to train a tiny friend dangerous command, then watch that knowledge is not used unnecessarily.
- Put on a dog-lead and tie it tightly to a tree or post.
- Wear a protective suit, pick up a rag or item that could catch the interest of your dog. It should not be a toy, as the dog will not take the thing seriously.
- Slowly approach the animal, begin to tease with the selected thing. When you notice that the dog is interested and is closely watching the movement of the thing, then say the command “Attack!”
- Usually, dogs take off running and try to attack. If this happens, you should reward and encourage your pet.
- If the animal did not respond to the command, try to move it slightly to the action, slightly pushing forward. You cannot do this on your own, that’s why you need an assistant at the training session, and the assistant should put on a bite suit. Thus, the animal will understand that there is a stranger nearby, and the owner is in danger.
- When moving to the next stage of the training, be extremely careful. You cannot cope alone, take an assistant — a person, which is unfamiliar to your dog.
- Your assistant should put on a bite suit. Then ask him to start making light blows on the back of the animal, not painful; otherwise, the dog will get scared. The goal is to make your dog wary.
- When you see that the animal is ready to attack, the assistant gives the thing or rag for grabbing. The owner simultaneously loudly commands, “Attack!”
- When the animal grabs its target, let the used object go, thus showing that the dog won and was stronger.
When you achieve unconditional obedience from the dog and an understanding of the requirements, you may proceed to the second stage of training, with the live target.
- The dog should feel a threat from the assistant, and at the moment, when you give the command “Attack!” it is obliged to cling to the sleeve, protecting itself.
- You should train the dog to react to movement. Ask the assistant to run and at the same time command “Attack!” — the pet should immediately react and catch up with the runner.
Important! When training a pet, try to remain extremely strict. The voice sounds severe and loud, but not like a scream.
What experts say: police dog training
According to dog handlers who have been working for years, not every dog can be trained to follow the orders. For instance, it is easy to teach the Shepherd Dog to the “Attack” command as this dog breed has a number of instincts since birth. These animals belong to the category of intelligent and easy to train dogs, often Shepherd Dogs are chosen for protection and police work.
The “Attack” command for the Rottweiler is basic, as well, but training this dog is much more difficult. It tries to be a true leader from the early days. The owner of such a dog will have to make every effort to subdue the dog and achieve the desired result.
When training a dog, remember: it is easy to teach a dog the “Attack” command as it obeys instinct. Obtaining clear obedience is much more difficult. Do not abuse and halloo your dog as you wish because gradually, your four-legged friend’s behavior becomes uncontrollable and serious problems begin. Remember as well, that it is much easier to train a puppy the “Attack” command. The animal better assimilates what is suggested from an early age, which means you can quickly achieve the desired result from a small pet.